Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blogwars and comments

Having read that Orac was clarifying his blog comment process, I decided to follow the comment trails to what prompted him to do it in the first place. It turns out that after a rather heated disagreement on two blogs (story here and here) led to eventually legal action being taken and people getting generally upset. I suppose seeing this I'll clarify my general comment posting policy as well. Generally I will only delete a comment if someone is being an asshat or going utterly off the topic. I reserve the right however to delete whatever I feel like if I feel like it, however this is not a collection point for sycophants or an echo chamber so I will do my best not to remove comments. If it comes down to deleting peoples posts I will do so however and I will not always provide an explanation either.

Then again, as I said this is not a dictatorship or anything else like that. I welcome discussion (especially from those who disagree with me) and so long as you're courteous and don't insult myself (and especially other users) you're unlikely to get posts deleted.